1 GALLON OF GRAY 2K DTM PRIMER AND 1 QUART 11-00 HARDENER
D.T.M Acrylic Urethane 65% High Solids Primer
Description: High solids D.T.M 2K 1350-150/100/200 acrylic primer with outstanding filling properties. It sands smoothly and helps increase production times, while also being completely suited for restoration or custom work. The resin used for this primer allows for better shine retention in the top coat. Means die back issues that typically happen from soaking into the primer This is a fast drying primer (sands in 1 hour) specially suited for high productivity shops. Due to its solid content, it has great filling characteristics.
Compatible Topcoats: Orion 1350-750 Epoxy, Orion Basecoat.
Mix Ratio: 4:1
As a superior high build primer 1350-150 series
Mix Ratio 4:1:1 as a normal build primer 1350-150/100/200
Mix Ratio 4:1:2 as a smooth as silk wet on wet sealer 1350-150/100/200
Properly sanded metal, Fiberglass, sound O.E.M surfaces.
- To use this product, use the proper personal protection equipment PPE suggested.
- Clean the surface with the Orion Wax & Grease to eliminate any contaminants on the surface.
- Shake the 1350-150 series 2K primer extremely well, and always prior to use. High solids primers can settle.
- Prepare the mix as required, this Primer 1350-150 series mixes 4:1 as a superior high build primer. 4:1:1 as a normal build, and 4:1:2 as smooth as silk sealer.
- This primer is 65% solids when mixed 4:1, solids will drop when mixed 4:1:1 (based off preference)
- Leave the primer drying the recommended time before sanding, 1 hour above 75
- Break the primer open with P 180-220. Finish the primer in P 400-600 prior to Orion Basecoat.
- You may wet sand this primer. Let dry fully to move forward if you wetsand. 1 hour in the sun is advisable to dry out the substrate prior to moving forward.
- We advise using filler over primer, not below them. This goes back to old school, versus new school methods. No matter your choice, follow all Tech Sheets on all products used, including filler.
- We do not advise using polyester (filler primers) this primer will provide a high build, with minimal shrinkage. If you choose to use polyester prior to this primer, or after the primer follow all Tech Sheets on the products you use. Know that Orion will not warranty the primer and finish when polyester is incorporated into the finish. There are too many variables in brands and processes.
- At Orion we do advise the use of our 2:1 epoxy primer Orion 1350-750 epoxy on bare metal prior to work. This does vary on your project, and time the project will sit. The 1350-750 epoxy sticks to all surfaces, and does not need to be sanded for 5 days. It does have a 30 minute induction time.
- This primer is anticorrivise. It will NOT convert rust. Do not use this over rust. We advise the surface be properly prepared, cleaned and treated prior to the use of this product.
**Only Ships with in the U.S. lower 48 and Canada**
Ttamco paint tamco clear tamco epoxy primer CFtapes CustomFinelineTape,